Drop-in Fridays are provided fortnightly on a Friday from 10am-1pm for free
- September 17th
- October 1st
- October 15th
- October 29th
- November 12th
- 26th November
During Covid restrictions Hunter Deafblind Connect are having Zoom catch ups to keep connected. Please contact Justine email@example.com or Alisha firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can join.
Hunter Deafblind Connect is a network of people working towards inclusion for deafblind people living in the Hunter region including those who have moved out of the Stockton Centre, most of whom only have paid supports in their life. For many this is the first time people have had the chance to meet and become involved in the local Deafblind community.
Through Hunter Deafblind Connect a fortnightly drop-in space has been developed for Deafblind people and those committed to supporting them to be fully included in our community.
This is a safe fun space for Deafblind peers and allies to:
- Meet and build friendships with each other.
- Support each other, share skills, and learn from each other.
- Develop stronger relationships and build a stronger community together.
- Uphold the communication rights of each person as a priority to ensure they are included and involved.
- Connect, develop new skills and exchange information.
Let us know if you are attending so that we can stay Covid safe.
We believe that everyone deserves a friend. We believe that everyone should have someone in their life who isn’t paid to be there.