Members Action Group
The Member’s Action Group works to actively promote the aims of CDAH to build a stronger peer movement and a more inclusive Hunter community.
We meet once a month
Second Tuesday of each month: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Click here to join the meeting in the CDAH Zoom Office, second Tuesday of each month, 10.00am – 12.00pm
Our Current Work Includes
- Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. Currently open for submissions.
- The Disability Pride movement in the Hunter & beyond. We are planning a march and also a Mad Pride concert / live performance.
- The History Project – the history of disability and the peer led movement in the Hunter
- Citizenship through representation at local councils by CDAH members.
- We are currently drafting our Terms Of Reference. You can find them here.
If you want to find out more, you can contact Douglas Holmes – email@example.com or call/SMS 0490 053 454.
If you are affected by the Disability Royal Commission, you can get counselling support. This includes:
- Support with counselling face-to-face, over the phone and online
- Referrals to other services for legal support, advocates, financial support, psychological care providers, housing, health, mental health and aged care
- Access to interpreters or cultural translation services
Here is a short film that gives good information about counselling support for the Disability Royal Commission.
Donate to us
We are an independent, collective voice committed to full inclusion and active citizenship. We are the first peer-led organisation established to prepare people for the national disability insurance scheme and we are forging new directions!
Volunteer with us
Would you like to Volunteer at CDAH?
Sign up to our eNewsletter
Get in touch
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0490 053 454