Members Action Group
The Member’s Action Group works to actively promote the aims of CDAH to build a stronger peer movement and a more inclusive Hunter community.
We meet once a month
Fourth Wednesday of each month: 1.00 pm – 3.00 pm
Our Current Work Includes
- Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. Currently open for submissions.
- The Disability Pride movement in the Hunter & beyond. We are planning a march and also a Mad Pride concert / live performance.
- The History Project – the history of disability and the peer led movement in the Hunter
- Citizenship through representation at local councils by CDAH members.
- We are currently drafting our Terms Of Reference. You can find them here.
If you want to find out more, you can contact Douglas Holmes – email@example.com or call/SMS 0490 053 454.
If you are affected by the Disability Royal Commission, you can get counselling support. This includes:
- Support with counselling face-to-face, over the phone and online
- Referrals to other services for legal support, advocates, financial support, psychological care providers, housing, health, mental health and aged care
- Access to interpreters or cultural translation services
Here is a short film that gives good information about counselling support for the Disability Royal Commission.